javascript:void(0) Pixel Mischief: Quick Halloween Projects

Friday, October 23, 2009

Quick Halloween Projects

Here are a couple quick and easy projects I made this week. You can make them too, and in plenty of time for Halloween!

The first one is a button bracelet.

You will need an 8" long piece of polyester elastic band. Black would be perfect, but since I couldn't find any in black, so I "dyed" mine using black acrylic paint, and let it dry for a couple hours.

Wrap it around your wrist and mark the length that is comfortable, then trim and sew the ends together.

I went through my button stash and picked out a bunch of orange and black buttons. Then I played with mixing and layering them until I liked the look. Then just sew the buttons onto the elastic band, and there you have it!






The second is a vampire choker. This could be for a costume or to wear everyday if you're a Twilight fan!

I found these two sparkly red plastic buttons while I was going through my collection looking for the orange and black ones, but you could use rhinestones, or red beads. I just measured a piece of black trim (you could use black velvet ribbon) that I measured to fit my neck, and then sewed the buttons on. I added a hook and eye to the ends and that's it! Quick and easy!




The only other thing I have to say is TGIF!

No comments: