javascript:void(0) Pixel Mischief: My Stepmom...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Stepmom...

A while back I said I would post some pictures of my stepmother who passed away 4 weeks ago. So here they are. The first one is when she was very young. The second one was taken in August 2006. She was 63 years old then. We were on vacation in Missouri, and brought her to see her new baby grandson, Andrew.

She was married to my Dad for 30 years. They divorced in the late 90's, and I know she was very sad about this, and lonely, too. But she did find happiness through new friends she made. We met many of them in our visits, and also after she passed on. She was also active in her church, especially working with the Sunday School children. Children were always the brightest thing in her life, she loved having them around. Back when she still lived up here in the Northeast, she ran a daycare for many years. She watched my older son Henry when he was very young, and he was very close to his beloved Nana.




Journaling Reads:

This is my stepmother, Linda Anne Taylor, when she was a small child. She was born on March 22, 1943. I love this photo of her - beautiful bright eyes, rosy cheeks,
and those sweet dark curls. Linda grew up in Windham, Maine, with her two brothers, Richard, and Edward. She graduated from Windham High School on June 14, 1962.

She married my father, Carol Martin on May 1st, 1965. She then became stepmother to a mischieveous 3 year old (me) and went on to raise me alongside my 3 half sisters. Nancy was born on January 11, 1967. Jean arrived on September 13, 1968, and Julie was born on May 4, 1971. We grew up together in our House on 14 Cook Street, and I have so many wonderful memories of our years there. Linda sadly passed away from us on February 8th, 2008. She had many caring and wonderful friends in her new home in Arkansas. This page is dedicated to her family, her friends and to all those who will miss her.


Credits:
Background is from Vintage Linens by Amy Wolff.
Blue BG is from Garden Gnome by Digital Couture at Elemental Scraps.
Ruffled Ribbon, flower buttons, and paper border by Corina Nilesen.
Laced ribbons by Jen Wilson.Blue flower by Shabby Princess.
Flowers and leaves by Misty Cato. Stitching by Natali.
Worn Canvas Alpha by me at Plain Digital Wrapper.




Credits:
Background by Helen Ehrenhofer.
All of the following are from Trevor's Treasures charity kit:
Ribbon Tied frame is by Vickie F. Scalloped Vintage Paper by Tina W. Vintage Swirl and striped BG from ON designs. Heart by Michelle Godin.
Painted Heart by Lauraskathi.
Blue Frame is by me - A free gift from the Spritual Journey forum at Plain Digital Wrapper. Dried flowers and leaves by Jen Ulasiewicz - KB and Friends. Paper tear by Grace Bennett.




No comments: